Friday, October 28, 2016

Have Patience and Faith

     Everything happens for a reason. I 100% believe that. I get stuck in situations and I'm like WTF DUDE?? Why is this happening? Sometimes it takes a while for me to think "everything happens for a reason". Sometimes it's right away anddddd sometimes never because I can be a brat.

     I've slowly been learning more about this Victim's Advocate career. There's a lot of meat to dig through to figure out how to start. I constantly have tabs open in my browser reading about lots of different pathways to take and seeing what other people have done to start their careers. One thing that I found was volunteering is great for experience, and to get your toes wet in the field. Last night I looked up volunteering opportunities in my area. I didn't find exactly what I was looking for but looking back now, I didn't search right. I did find a crisis hotline that I wasn't 100% sure about but I decided to apply. The application was pretty extensive and it took a while. I submitted it when I was finished and it was immediately rejected. Why? I accidentally clicked No for a background check. Are you effing kidding me???? I felt so stupid because it was a small oversight that ruined everything. I tried to fix it but the company never got back to me. Last night and today, any time I thought about that I wondered why things keep getting in my way to bettering my future.

     Fast forward to the afternoon, I've been doing more VA research, hoping to get more answers. I came across some information that lead me in such a better direction! I felt so much better I pointed up to the ceiling and said "So that's why I screwed up last night!" I had a good laugh about everything after that. If things wouldn't have gotten screwed up last night, I wouldn't be in a better situation today having learned more and am finding better opportunities. I hope they work out!

     I grew up in a faith-based home. Like many others in that situation, it never really stuck with me. There's something so creepy and controlling about your parents performing indoctrination. It doesn't sit with me well. I have lived most of my life as a distant religious person. I don't like to associate with a church but I have faith. It has ebbed and flowed but I find as I am getting older and there are less people to rely on and more responsibility on me, there's a comfort in faith. There is a comfort in knowing that when I have problems and don't know what to do, there's some mystical being silently making me think they are counseling me haha. To me, this was that person working against me to better my situation. It is cool to see it at work, if you don't just think it's a coincidence.

No comments:

Post a Comment