Thursday, October 27, 2016

Season of Change

     It's been a few days. I don't mind because my husband finally went off of night shift and I wanted to spend time with him. This puppy (thankfully sleeping under my feet) is still handful too. We go out to the bathroom constantly, he bites everything and he's just realized that he can whine so it's whining all the time. I've written about some heavy stuff and I guess that's OK because this blog is for me and it's my personal thoughts but I'm not always about the heavy. Despite my high anxiety and type A personality, I love chill. I wanted to talk about Fall.

     I FUCKING LOVE THE FALL!!! I was born in the fall. I grew up in the #1 county in Pennsylvania where fall is beautiful. This love affair was meant to be. Most girls are like OMG summer summer summer! My friends can't believe I don't like summer. Don't get me wrong, the warmth is great after months of freezing cold and I love going down the shore, but no crop tops and shorts for me. Give me those white girl fall outfits of plaid shirts, jeans, scarves, and boots. I look better in that shit anyway haha. I look like a basic white girl all season doing all the Fall activities with no shame.  Where I live now, fall started right in September and I was dying for the views of the colorful trees. Our little town looked like something out of a Halloween movie. It's perfect. My husband and I are obsessed with Halloween and horror movies too. Unfortunately, he wont be here on Halloween this year :(. We've done so many Fall/Halloween related things since we moved to make up for this though. And the irony of this post is that it's snowing here today! We start winter season on November 1st, and Northerners are very serious about this. It already looks like the dead of winter.

     I was watching some random dealership commercial on the TV and the guy referred to Fall as the "Season of Change". Its so simple but it spoke to me. I never thought about that before. There is always a ton of change during the fall as far as nature. People see fall as a fresh start because school starts again and there's a little bit of motivation. It's ushering in the best few months of the year, in my opinion. This fall has been a huge season of change for me and I'm dealing with it the best I can. I hate instability and uncertainty but positivity (which apparently isn't a word?) can be the perfect remedy. I want to enjoy this time before more changes come but the constant thinking about finding a job get in the way a little. I'm excited to go back home for a couple days next week. I get to see some familiar faces and introduce my puppy to those who haven't met him yet. November 1st also starts my Christmas season so I'm really excited for that.

     This post was so random but I wanted to write about something random that I love and that has an important part of my life. Some of my best memories took place in the fall season. My next post will have a little more depth to it. I'm already brewing thoughts in my head. Time to fold laundry and workout.
Displaying IMG_4910.JPGDisplaying FullSizeRender.jpgDisplaying IMG_4829.JPG

No comments:

Post a Comment