Monday, October 24, 2016

The Light bulb

     It's day 3 and I'm acknowledging that I have posted every day. A whole three days, wow I know. I look forward to this so I was trying to figure out what I'd even write about today. Everything just came to me all at once and I said yes this is what I need in my life at this moment and it was something I wanted to write about. I need some background info first.

     Lets go back in time. I started college and decided at 18 that I wanted to major in Psychology because I dabbled in it in high school and really enjoyed it. I enjoyed learning about it in college but it just never lit a fire under my ass. I blame this largely on my decision to transfer colleges to be with my friends. I was happy socially but being at a bigger university really took away from the personal education I was getting at my previous college. Upon graduation, I only had an inkling of what I may want to do in the future (you can't do much with a bachelor's in psychology). I got a job at my mom's work that was going to start two weeks after graduation. The company was in my field but my position wasn't. I took it because it was readily available, it allowed to me to do my favorite thing every day (organizing), and it was temporary. I spent a year and a half there waiting for my husband to finish his training for work 13 hours away. I didn't go on to grad school because I knew I wouldn't be home long enough to commit to it. As soon as my husband was able to relocate for work after training, I was off with him. It was hard to leave that job but I knew I was making the right decision. Over that year and a half, I was wrapped up in so many other things that I rarely thought about how I was going to further my career.

     So here I am now. We've been here about a month and a half. I've applied for 4 jobs, and went on an interview for a job I didn't get. I'm not super crazy about any of the jobs to begin with. I thought it was going to be a lot easier to get a job but living in such a remote area has brought some challenges. I've become very discouraged and have lost motivation and passion. It's super surprising how your mood and outlook can change in such a short amount of time. It's been tough for me. I'm not always mentally strong even though I look it on the outside. Many times I've thought to myself, "what are you going to do from here?" "What do you even have passion for anymore?" Being a military spouse also really limits me as far as needing certifications go. I don't wanna get into that but its a mess. This is my current state until about a couple hours ago.

     Ok, the reason we are all here. Who tf is WE anyway? I was watching a youtuber on snap chat who was talking about her weekend. She got into how she met a detective who finds and arrests adults who exploit children. Everything spoke to me. I was like "yes Sam, this is why you got into this!" This is what I was passionate about for so long and she even mentioned God at the end. I just knew this was my sign. I cried. I cry a lot but this hit me hard. I began searching what kinds of jobs work closely with trauma victims. I found victims advocate and now I have about 10 tabs open in my browser waiting for me to dive in more tomorrow. I felt so happy and so motivated. I got up to treat myself to some hot chocolate (how boring) and decided to browse Facebook while I waited for the water to heat up. The first thing that popped on my news feed was something my sweet Nanna posted.
Image result for you are where god wants you to be

     I found so much comfort in this message that was blaring in my face. I 100% believe in God, life beyond us, messages and signs. This was everything I needed to see. It was all laid out for me in an order that confirmed it for me. I can't begin to express how much I needed the inspiration. Here's to hoping for the best and that my light bulb stays lit.

No comments:

Post a Comment