Saturday, October 22, 2016

Why right now?

     Why am I creating a blog and throwing together some basic layout at 9pm on a Saturday night? There's a few good reasons. One, its miserably rainy and cold up here in northwestern New York. Two, I'm bored because I have no one here but my husband who is on night shift and my gawd awful puppy. Three, I have sooooo many thoughts running through my head all of the time and I don't know what to do with them!

     I've tried the journal thing a few times but it just doesn't feel right to me. I feel like a journal has secret dirty connotations. You have to hide them and reading them back to yourself is so cringey anyway. I don't know if I would ever share this. I don't plan on advertising my thoughts to my peers and family but I need an outlet. My problem, especially as a Scorpio, is that I don't share my thoughts and feelings very often so they run through my head constantly. Sometimes I think to myself "What the hell are you thinking about and how did your mind even get there?" I can't keep up and I can't keep a journal. Writing loses my attention. This stuff will probably be scattered as well but maybe it'll get better over time. When random topics pop up in my head that I need to share with my internet self, thoughts and words will become more uniform...I hope.

     I can't even remember what made me think of doing this and how I came up with the name besides the fact that I was brushing my teeth, organizing my thoughts, and thinking to myself "Sam, you are one basic bitch but who gives a fuck?" I don't give a fuck! I live a much simpler life than most people my age and I'm content for the most part. There's some shit I gotta work on but we can dabble later. I can't bother to be wrapped up in so many forums and ideas that rattle the minds of the average millennial. I'm not saying that the shit the average millennial thinks are so important is wrong. I just have come to realize that some, if not most of it, isn't important to me. I've turned myself into a borderline pro-non-FOMOer. I still FOMO once in a while. I'm a human and I can't lie. But when you realize that you need to live your life for yourself and not put on a show for others who really don't give a fuck, it's so liberating. Again, I'll have to elaborate more later.

     So here I am, about two hours later. Just like writing, I type a little, walk away and then come back a few times. I can't hold my own attention! I was just in the bathroom brushing my teeth for bed and all those random thoughts came flooding back in again. What is so inspiring about dental hygiene?? Anyway, this should be my cue to lay this to rest for the night. I'm not sure when I'll be back. Could be tomorrow, could be a week from now. I have no consistency. I will brainstorm now though in hopes that I will keep it up and keep my sanity intact. We'll have to dive into the world of being a basic bitch haha. That is all for now.



No comments:

Post a Comment